IMSLEC Accreditation Requirements
Orton-Gillingham of MN is accredited by the International Multisensory Structured Language Education Council (IMSLEC) at the Teacher and Instructor-of-Teachers levels.
The mission of IMSLEC is to accredit quality training courses for the professional preparation of multisensory structured language education specialists.
Orton-Gillingham Certified Teacher, OG-CT
- BA or BS degree from an accredited college or university
- Completion of the Introductory, Intermediate, and Extended Practicum in good standing
- Submission of an OG-CT Application Form to OGMN Board of Directors for approval including application fee
- $75.00 application fee is due with application. The fee is waived, if the application is made within 3 months of the last observation of the Extended Practicum.
Orton-Gillingham Certified Instructor of Teachers, OG-CTT
- BA or BS degree from an accredited college or university; MA preferred
- Completion of above, or from another accredited IMSLEC organization
- Completion of additional course work to include: Advanced Level, Early Learner Level and Reading Theory.
- Completion of instructor intern training; for additional criteria, contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- Completion of OG-CTT Application. Download the application
Renewal of OG-CT and OG-CTT
- Annual dues of $75 due on May 1 of the current year. Please use the Paypal button below. A Paypal account is not necessary, a major credit card may be used.
- Renewal of Certification required every 3 years which includes the documentation of 30 CEU hours and completion of OG-CT, OG-CTT Renewal Form.
For questions, contact the IMSLEC Committee Chair at email@example.com
Continuing Education Resources and Forms
- IMSLEC CEU Policies and Procedures
- Conference Form
- Website, webinar, DVD, Video, CD Form
- Journal Form
- Book Form
- CEU Reaction Form
- OG-CT, OG-CTT Renewal Form (form may be downloaded and filled out electronically)
- Book List, IMSLEC-Approved
- Journal List, IMSLEC-Approved